By Maya McCarthy on August 26th, 2011
Written by Meg Orlinski – Wednesday, 24 August 2011
A reminder to all eco-loving graphic designers that People Tree’s Graphic 2012 T-Shirt Competition has been extended to October 17th, 2011. The competition is inspired by the incredible buzz and bustle being created in their hometown of London England for the 2012 summer Olympics. Embracing the positive, humanist, bridge building ideals behind the creation of the original Olympics, People Tree has created a graphic design competition along these lines:
The Design Brief
To design a t-shirt graphic for People Tree’s 2012 collection to be printed on 100% Fair Trade and Organic certified cotton.
The design should:
- Focus on the five key countries of People Tree, which have been linked together for 20 years – The UK, Japan, Bangladesh, India and Nepal.
- Encompass the idea that these countries and cultures are unified through sport.
- Include key colours, yellow, green, black and red.
- Show that through working as a worldwide team we can create a better future.
Terms & Conditions
- The design should be based upon a white cotton base with a maximum of five colours used. The design can be either a placement or all-over print.
- The competition is open to anyone above 16 years old.
- The winning design has the opportunity to be placed into production and promoted throughout the People Tree network. The winning designer will also receive 20 of their t-shirts and £500 worth of People Tree vouchers.
- Designs should be sent by October 17th, 2011 along with your name, age and contact details by either:
Post – Design Competition, People Tree, 5 Huguenot Place, 17a Heneage Street, London, E1 5LN
- People Tree reserves the right not to put any product into production should there not be a suitable design submitted. The winning design would become the property of People Tree.
Good luck to all our Eco Fashion World readers! We are excited to see what designs are picked and available next year!